[Magdalen] how I hate this weather

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:00:48 UTC 2018

Our apartment has a real fireplace fitted with real-looking ceramic "coals"
and "logs" but we've never felt OK about running it, both for the effect on
the gas bill and for any carbon monoxide or other gas mishaps that could
conceivably happen. We do have some lovely decorative candle holders
instead, to provide at least some of the glow of a fireplace. A modern
space heater fills in the gap for the coldest evenings and to satisfy our
"toasty cat," Hermes.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA