[Magdalen] how I hate this weather

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:42:15 UTC 2018

All rental property here must have both a working smoke detector and a
working carbon monoxide detector. They're not that expensive considering.

But the candle solution can also be charming. We had a friend who bought an
ancient little bungalow near the beach. Its chimney needed relining and she
didn't have the money so she arranged a bunch of pillar candles (mostly
orange and white with a couple of shorter red ones) in the fireplace and
lit them up on gloomy days to great effect.
-M