[Magdalen] The Last Rose of Summer.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:23:28 UTC 2018

Our trees have barely begun turning here. It's weird. My tomatoes and the
lemon cucumbers look awful but ate still producing...sort of...as are the
Japanese peppers. The walnuts and acorns are plentiful and the squirrels
are fat and sassy. We have squirrels in abundance, some the size of small
cats, probably the biggest in the neighborhood. Sadly, there has been no
sight for some weeks of the big cat we call Captain, the Scourge of
Squirrels, nor of the black and white one we call Deputy. The only one
we've seen is the White one with tabby patches that we've named Rookie.