[Magdalen] Matthew Shepard

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:56:30 UTC 2018

I agree, Lynn. It's especially important in these troubled times. Alex and
I were just talking last night about what an unsettling time it is to be
immigrating to the US. We were married in May 2015 in Santa Fe and he was
approved for his work permit ("green card") that Fall. He's now met the
minimum 3 year waiting period to apply for citizenship. We've got that
process underway with our lawyer. It used to take a few months but the
system is so backed up now (budget cuts, employees who leave aren't
replaced, systems haven't gotten needed upgrades, etc.) that she has
advised that it may take up to 18 months for approval. That's without any
additonal changes that could be made to the process should the unthinkable
happen on Nov. 6. So, if you haven't voted yet, please do...Alex and I need
you!

Peace, Rick
San Antonio