[Magdalen] anomanous

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:35:34 UTC 2018

Don't panic. I have good insurance. And Mass Eye&Ear is just down the
street. Heck, they do cochlear implants there. So they certainly know how
to test.

Second, I had a friend who was an industrial designer (degree in art and a
degree in engineering).
When he wasn't designing for Gillette and the Feds (sounds like a grunge
band), he was either drawing political cartoons or volunteering his skills
designing & building communication devices for severely handicapped people.
This was ages before the touch screen or voice-recognition software or even
the home computer. Each device or machine was tailor-made for the
individual's abilities, however meagre. He spent hours with each client.
Nearly all were in permanent care.  And he had a thing about deafness. He
certainly convinced *me*! He was very clear about how isolating deafness
is. How it creates a cascade of psychological reactions, none of which are
good and many of which are poisonous. We are just not meant to be that
alone.

And third, I'm currently walking with two forearm crutches. They're purple
aluminum, bright purple.  Without them I couldn't walk more than ten yards
(unless I had handrails or a wall to lean on).  With their assistance I'm
good for half a mile. So who would notice a couple of little ear pieces?