[Magdalen] speech

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Sat Sep 8 22:07:55 UTC 2018

There is a part of me that thinks the same (as Canadians vote similarly).

I think a big part of the difference is that in Canada, each level of government holds their own elections, where in the US, elections for national, state, and local offices are usually held at the same time, and so there can be many choices to be made on a single election day.

I think the better compromise, for those who insist on getting results quickly or without too many hours of work, would be to use paper ballots that can be read with optical scanners. That way, you can get the results quickly, but there is still a paper backup available to verify that the counted result is accurate (especially important given the computer hacking threatening electoral processes these days)

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com