[Magdalen] ObAng, - Re: The Carnival of Swing, May 29, 1938.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 9 20:07:33 UTC 2018

>>>The Savory Collection published thus far<<<

Thanks, Mr Wohlers, for that shout out!

I can say, however, from personal contact, that "thus far" is probably "all there ever will be", to some degree anyway.  A specific example will suffice.  In personal email conversation with Mr Wenzel of Mosaic, specifically in reference to a New York Times reference to an aircheck of Bunny Berigan's "I Can't Get Started" that was in the Savory stash, I emailed him complaining that said aircheck wasn't included, ie, "I bought the set FOR THAT ALONE!!!"  I didn't, but, you get the point.  He had the misfortune to tell me that the Berigan estate simply wouldn't grant permission.  "B*****ds!" I replied.  He, ahem, agreed.

I say "Ahem", because he also told me he's a LEM at an Episcopal parish in Harrison, New York, which is:

https://www.allsaintsharrison.org/

... because that's him in the first pic on the homepage, singers, upper right.  He's also clearly identifiable in the Picture Gallery link.  Damn good fella.  I say, because I know.

Point, ObAng:  The world is truly small, in a way!

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".