[Magdalen] Florence?

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:40:44 UTC 2018

A friend from years past (search & rescue) is now a professor of
meteorology and engineering in Georgia. He is actively telling
everyone to pay attention to Florence warnings. I do not have the
details - but he claims it may devastate not only the barrier islands
and coastal plains, but likely flood parts of the piedmont and affect
the Appalachian/Blue Ridge mountains of NC and VA (he is talking about
landslides).

We have prepared a bit. Lots of canned food, a stove, gallons of
water. No major livestock to worry about, only cats and parrots now.
Our pond is our backup water source for water-that-must-be-boiled or
not used for drinking/food. I do hope the pond's drain pipe continues
to hold up! We have had several flash floods and bridges taken out so
far this year.

Cady