[Magdalen] Florence?

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:22:15 UTC 2018

Florence may flip around after crossing land in NC and come down into SC,
even into the low country.  The cone has been moved leftward and now we are
back in it.  Don't know what the percentages are.  Tomorrow we will get
serious about getting ready.  Need 9V batteries for our radios.  Propane
cylinders for lanterns.  Bread to go with peanut butter and jelly.  After
Hugo, we put a gas range, so we will be able to cook on the stove top.
This storm will be nothing like Hugo here and now, but we were without
electricity for over 2 weeks then.  Also, we shared stuff in our
neighborhood - we had hot water and a landline telephone that worked.  We
were the neighborhood shower and telephone booth.  A neighbor had a french
press and a gas stove...coffee was available.  The neighborhood had a bbq
of thawing stuff from freezers...on the first day.

So, a change in plans....preparing has always been insurance that we won't
get the storm.  Maybe that will work this time too.

Ginga