[Magdalen] Prayers, please

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:56:30 UTC 2018

I imagine most of her work around here will be brush fires and wildfires.

She’s a certified EMT and has had the training for jaws-of-life, helicopter loading and unloading and has unfortunately worked a couple of fatal car accidents. She also responded to one call that turned out to be a friend of theirs and performed CPR all the way to the hospital, but the woman died.
She’s with the Albemarle Fire/Rescue Department and will probably be assigned to the Scottsville squad, which is going from volunteer to paid.
All the fire/rescue companies are having trouble getting volunteers now, which isn’t surprising, given people’s work schedules.