[Magdalen] Lazy Sunday...and a nice surprise

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:31:26 UTC 2018

This is my first “free” Suday in months, so I decided to do “church” on my front porch! It’s cold and rainy, so I’m wearing a jacket, but there are about 8 hummingbirds battling it out for the three feeders—and sometimes knocking each other perilously close to my head!
Seeing and hearing other birds remind me that I need to fill those feeders as well.
The dog and cats have the good sense to be inside...

Actually, the highlight of the day so far came earlier. Several months ago I ordered a ticket to hear Joan Baez this Friday, and a couple of weeks ago I looked for it in the two places I put tickets—so I won’t lose them. No luck! Going through pieces of mail and other papers was fruitless, and I was considering the possibility of missing the concert—I had gotten one of the last four seats.
This morning I received an email saying that my ticket was ready to be downloaded and printed!!  I’d forgotten that the original information said tickets would be sent shortly before the concert.
I order lots of tickets online, and they usually appear right away, so I assumed I’d lost this one.
So Friday evening will find me at the  Warner Theater in DC, taking a trip down memory lane!