[Magdalen] Tuition Free, Housing Free, Meal Plan Free for All Made Possible with Expanded Financial Aid at Virginia Seminary - Episcopal News Service

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 1 23:36:06 UTC 2019

On 02/04/2019 00:16, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> VTS , Episcopal seminary in Alexandria VA is thriving!
>
> It's hard to figure why some other "TEC" seminaries are in such difficult shape financially and in attracting students (a problematic and possibly symbiotic combo I'm sure). Interesting.
> Lynn
>

> https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/pressreleases/tuition-free-housing-free-meal-plan-free-for-all-made-possible-with-expanded-financial-aid-at-virginia-seminary/

It makes sense to me. You have students embarking on a course where
there is only one potential employer and no guarantee of a paid position
at the end of three years training. They probably also have existing
debts from their earlier secular studies. This side of the pond
ordinands are sponsored by dioceses who are responsible for their
maintenance during training, which may be either in a college or on a
course where they can carry on with a secular job.

Roger