[Magdalen] Goble Goble.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 16:59:42 UTC 2019

There is quite an industry in my native NW Wisconsin for raising domestic turkeys.The farmers utilize large, open sheds housing hundreds of birds.  I don't know
what they do exactly to discourage predators.  There is a goodly population ofcoyotes, foxes, and even a few wolves there as well as here in Pennsylvania.The major problem as I recall from knowing some Wisconsin turkey farmersis the weather, in particular heavy summer storms with much lightning andthunder.  These storms are highly disturbing to turkeys, and in the farm shedsetting cause the turkeys to stampede and kill themselves.
My brothers who lived in Barron, Wisconsin were good friends of the JeromeBrothers ("Jerome Foods/The Turkey Store Company") which probablyanswers the question as to why there are so many turkey farmers in thatregion.

In a message dated 4/10/2019 11:54:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,

There seems to be a bumper crop of wild turkeys (Meleagris gallopavo silvestris)in NE Pennsylvania USA this year.  Flocks of them travel together