[Magdalen] Baptism question

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 17:16:58 UTC 2019

There's a former friend (long story) who was baptized in the RC faith but
has since become a Wiccan or Neopagan; he's a leader in that movement. I've
always assumed that if he were to decide to follow Christianity instead,
his Baptism would still be valid. Maybe there's a reaffirmation rite, but I
think in the RC Church the reconciliation process is basically to go to a
priest and make one's confession, receive absolution, and you're back (of
course you'd want to make it clear to the priest that you're wanting to
return). I could walk two blocks to St. Gertrude's and do that, but I
won't. (And of course I'm still living out my Baptism, constantly falling
short...)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA