[Magdalen] Fire at Notre Dame de Paris.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 18:31:22 UTC 2019

A friend just called and asked if I might be viewing television because there wasnews coverage of a ruinous fire at the Cathedral de Notre Dame de Paris.  Indeed there isa fire, and much of the iconic church is gutted.  They don't seem to have any controlover the fire which seems worse by the minute.  No cause is as yet known.
The Cathedral is very important architecturally, and is the very symbol of France.
There are a multiplicity of books about the building which along with the RoyalAbbey of Saint Denis just north of the City and the Cathedral of Sens, to thesouth, pretty much got the gothic style going in the 12th-13th centuries.
I'm sure that it will be rebuilt, even if there is nothing left.  France sufferedsimilar destruction of most of the large churches in the North of the countryduring WW-1, and they were fairly quickly patched together.  Notre Damede Paris escaped that War and WW-2 damage free.  I pray that thisimportant structure will have prompt resurrection.

David Strang.