[Magdalen] Fire at Notre Dame de Paris.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:04:41 UTC 2019

I remember staying in/on Mont Saint Michel. Plastered stone walls. Shared
bath. Linen sheets.

That night I dreamed the tide was rising, rising up the ramped streets. I
could see myself sleeping and tried to wake myself, and the water kept
rising.

The first time I saw Notre Dame I turned the corner from the metro, and
there it was, the  facade bright in the morning sun, across the plaza. I
was so entranced I stepped off the curb and tumbled into the gutter.
Skinned my knee, tore my stocking. A gendarme scooped me up and carried me
off to the nearby Palais de Justice, where a courtly old physician cleaned
me up with green soap. I was a plucky gal, however, and climbed stiffly up
into the bell tower that afternoon.

The gf tells this story better than I do.
-M