[Magdalen] Fire at Notre Dame de Paris.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Apr 16 14:20:13 UTC 2019

I'm sure there will be strong preference for duplicating the old church as accuratelyas possible.  Thus, I can't imagine modernizing the design in any way.  They may choosemore modern materials where it does not change the design.
Change in design/style can produce some bizarre outcomes.  There is the Episcopal Churchin nearby Danville, PA  that burned down to the walls in the 1940's, and though the exteriorremained largely untouched, the interior was replaced in an art deco style.  Thus, uponentering what you assume will be a gothic style interior, one gets this very out of placeart deco.

David Strang.