[Magdalen] Christian leaders condemn Christian nationalism in new letter - Religion News Service

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:35:08 UTC 2019

I ran into a nest of these vipers in New Hampshire once.
I'd innocently signed up for an Elderhostel watercolor course that was to
be held at a Congregationalist campground (these were Trinitarian
Congregationalists, not UCC).

Frankly, I thought they were joking at first. Pulling my leg. But nooooo.
They actually had some sort of secondary worship focused on various
Mayflower plaques and slogans scattered around the facilities. City on a
Hill. Myles Standish being greeted by bedazzled native people. Manifest
Destiny. It was a little bit cult and a little bit country. And a whole
pile of "disturbing" with a thin oily scum of white supremacy.

I was grateful when the course ended and I escaped back to civilization.
-M