[Magdalen] Salve Regina.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 16 17:21:15 UTC 2019

>>>Simon, I’m not sure what your last sentence means: “some of have no truck...” ?<<<

I'm sure he meant (something akin to) "some of them [Romans] have no truck with it either".

>From Wikipedia:

"The Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary 'having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory'.  This doctrine was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on 1 November 1950, in the apostolic constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility."

I happen to think it a lovely dogma.  True or not, ... screw it!  A lot of good books have resulted from it!

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".