[Magdalen] Salve Regina.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 23 14:27:53 UTC 2019

>>>Per my priest, the Orthodox have never really left the Apocrypha at all.
And I do think think you might read some of the New New Testament for
yourself, instead of dismissing it out of hand.Some of it I do find
questionable, such as The Actos of Paul and Thecla and the Secret
Revelation of John, but the earlier stuff seems to be right on target.<<<

I reiterate my earlier statement:

"I highly recommend Bart Ehrman's 2003 Oxford 'Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scripture and the Faiths We Never Knew' and 'Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament', the latter being a companion volume to the former.  It is true, he's a controversial figure ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman ).  But I found the first volume absolutely amazing, and with the arising of this thread I'm going to re-read it, then first-read the second (though much of its contents I'm already familiar with via older encounters with such material)."