[Magdalen] Intervention.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Dec 18 19:27:39 UTC 2019

22 December 84

Telephone call from Dean of Eau Claire: :"I want to see you here at the Cathedral" 22 December 84.  I replied inthe affirmative.

Afternoon meeting in Eau Claire Standing Committee room.

On one side of the long table were:

(1) My friend, the O/C of the Cathedral.

(2) Cathedral deacon who is also a fellow physician.

(3) The Dean of Christ Church Cathedral.

(4) The Bishop of Eau Claire.

(5) Just me on the reverse side of committee table.

Topic:  Alcohol was killing me.

Effect:  I was embarrassed and mortified.

Result:  I never again picked up an alcoholic drink.
             33 years of sobriety.

TBTG

David Strang.