[Magdalen] Merry Christmas

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:23:48 UTC 2019

We've been attending the 10 a.m. Christmas Day High Mass at the Church of
the Ascension the past several years, instead of the late-night Christmas
Eve Mass.

The Christmas morning Mass has grown in popularity...it used to be rather
minimalist but now the full choir sings for it. We had lots of visitors
there yesterday...the family in front of us looked just thrilled to be
there...looking back often to see the organ and choir; fully participating
using the comprehensive leaflet; very enthusiastic at the Peace. I hope
we've made some new friends of the parish this Christmas and that they'll
all return for other occasions!

We've been growing this autumn in general...we're over the long-elusive
goal of 100 attending the three Sunday Masses, and that's been happening
even on "ordinary" green Sundays. New volunteers for acolyting, vestry, and
other roles as well. TBTG!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA