[Magdalen] Merry Christmas

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 22:08:05 UTC 2019

Merry Christmas to you all.  Boxing Day is a welcome day of rest!

Christmas Day at 10 a.m. was vaguely amusing.  The rather elderly server,
who also prepares the rota, had scheduled only himself to do everything.
Now, he does the little 8 a.m. mass on his own each Sunday.  It is always
Traditional, his comfort zone, and the 12-15 people always sit up in the
chancel.  So he was probably confident that Christmas Day would mirror the
familiar.  Other than Traditional, not at all.   He didn't adjust to the
differences as they came up, so there were a number of course corrections
required throughout!  Perhaps it was a blessing attendance was slim!  The
other alto and I were the choir..  Few in number, mighty in spirit.

Marion, a pilgrim