[Magdalen] NOLA

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Sun Feb 24 13:14:19 UTC 2019

IMO the best in the Quarter is the Omni, but it’s expensive.  I usually have stayed in Metairie - much less expensive and still near.

Most of my favorite places are not in the Quarter.  There are a ton of great restaurants in NOLA, and you should try several.  Some quite expensive, but many less so.  Jacques Imo’s is on Oak Street about a mile west of the Tulane campus, and right next door is the Maple Street Bar which some aficionados consider the best music venue in NOLA.  Live music starts at 11:00 PM.

For a more elaborate dinner, check out Pascal’s Manale on Napoleon.  And of course Magazine Street in the Garden District and Downtown is home to some of the finest restaurants in the US.

The WWII museum in the Quarter is worth visiting.  And, of course, don’t miss Jackson Square (which is hard to do), the cathedral, Cafe du Monde, and the riverside in the Vieux Carré.

Bourbon Street can be missed - it’s mostly bars with sex shows and nude dancers.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net