[Magdalen] West Indies New Year

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 05:04:17 UTC 2019

Happy New Year to all from somewhere near the island of Martinique where we
should be arriving in about six hours. I just attended the largest New
Year's Eve party that I've ever been to. This ship is carrying close to
2000 passengers and the vast majority of them were out on an upper deck for
the countdown. A few with better sense, like my wife, had already gone to
bed, but I couldn't resist the urge to see what a New Year's Eve party at
sea was like. Having now seen it I am more than ready for bed, and since
we're in the Atlantic time zone I got to do it all an hour earlier than I
would have at home.
--

Christopher Hart