[Magdalen] Prayers, please

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 17:21:34 UTC 2019

Prayers, please, for my young friend and the erstwhile girlfriend of my
grandson Isaak, Ryn Brady, who woke up the other day with frighteningly
blurred vision in her right eye. After extensive testing, she was found to
be suffering from optic neuritis. She has peripheral vision in the right
eye but no central vision, and describes it as "like trying to see through
Vaseline". She''s terrified and of course her mom is too. No one knows the
outcome or how long it will take. Ryn is slogging her way through pre-reqs
for nursing school and aims to be a trauma nurse.

Also,  please continue to pray for my Betsy and her family as they clean up
after the fire. It is of course taking longer than expected but  they are
working 12 hours a day at least, and Jonathan's company has been wonderful,
giving him all the time he needs to do what he has to do. But everyone's
spirits get frayed at times.

I could use a few prayer pats too. I contracted a crud early in December
that just refuses to leave. I don't know where it came from or I would
certainly send it back! I have been coughing so hard the past week that my
ribs hurt, but at least the last 3 days I'm coughing something up. I know
it isn't pneumonia, so don't fuss at me on that account. I'm awfully tired
of it though!!