[Magdalen] Knee Replacement

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:37:36 UTC 2019

I found a reference for the kind of surgery I had. It’s from the University of Washington Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics Department:
www.orthop.washington.edu

It’s called Minimally-invasive Total Knee Replacement or Quadriceps-sparing Total Knee Replacement.
There’s an excellent video showing a doctor demonstrating what happens with this technique vs. the old one. I’d never actually seen a demonstration of it, so I learned something, too. You can really see why this method is faster and has a shorter and less painful recovery time.

So there you have it—might be worth checking out.