[Magdalen] Is the Pub closed?

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:43:32 UTC 2019

Only slightly languidly waving from over the other side of the bigger pond.
Yes, another heatwave this week,<sigh>  why did I ever think cyclones
weren’t a good idea?</> At least the heatwave should have finished by the
time I turn 78 ( next Sunday - my work day , too!)
I can sympathise with Ginga - I have been suffering the Meniere’s symptoms
since before Christmas. At least my vertigo attacks are not continuous. I’m
not sure which is worse - there are sounds from the organ thatI know should
be there  and haven’t heard in weeks. I suspect, like Jay, that it’s time I
visited the allergist. ( I’ve had these attacks infrequently since my
teenage years. They’ve usually disappeared by the time I get around to
visiting the doctor......)
After twelve months of living in the big city with our own pool, we (self,
daughter and granddaughter ) shifted closer to uni and work some months
ago. No pool, but a tennis court, and proximity to the river make it much
more pleasant in this heat.
I am happy to report that, despite a fall at our previous place that gave
me a purple knee for months, my hips and knees seem to be holding out
pretty well, even if I am rather careful of how much kneeling I do. Thank
goodness our garden is well established  and most of my potted plants
naturalised into the landscape !
I am enjoying my twilight years as an organist at the church where I first
discovered the joys of choral singing. Having a small but very competent
choir to direct I am fortunate that our small but appreciative congregation
enjoys the music too.
Best wishes to all, and special prayers for Lynn
Regards
Lesley de Voil
--
Sent from MetroMail