[Magdalen] Car quirks / was Re: Is the Pub closed?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 16 22:14:41 UTC 2019

On 16/01/2019 21:45, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> Cady>The monitor screen on it is larger than the office laptop's screen.
>
> I too have a monitor screen, about tablet sized. I finally figured out
> how to totally dim it. It was driving me crazy when I was driving at
> night.

My GPS automatically goes to night mode when it thins it should do so in
your current location. You have it on its normal daytime display and
then the next time you glance at it the display has dimmed.

> Still thankful for a nice car, just wish there weren't so many gadgets.

Yes, I've found that in rental cars which are all more modern than my
2007 Chevrolet Matiz.The first one I picked up (when coming to you,
Lynn) I didn't know how to operate the windows when I got to the barrier
after collecting the car and then it was "where are the wipers?" in the
first American shower I had experienced. They are a LOT heavier than we
have them over here. That, and missing the turn within the airport
complex so needing to find a parking lot somewhere to recalibrate made
for an interesting journey (and a later than planned arrival) for my
first experience driving a car with the steering wheel on the left. I'm
much more confident now and even managed stick-shift in Norway.

Roger