[Magdalen] Car quirks / was Re: Is the Pub closed?

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 23:45:41 UTC 2019

Lovely reminiscences!

Marion, a pilgrim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: ME Michaud
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:47 PM
To: magdalen at herberthouse.org
Subject: Re: [Magdalen] Car quirks / was Re: Is the Pub closed?

I remember accompanying a faculty wife from Dublin on an American shopping
trip.
Told her she might need an umbrella.
"Oh, it's just a little rain," she said.
"Well, it's a little rain in Ireland, but here it's more as if someone's
flinging buckets of cold water at you."

Also when we went to the department marked Career Dresses,
she took a sober look around and asked,
"What career would that be, now?"

And I remember driving out of London toward a friend's house in Burford.
Our landlady stood on the curb/kerb, wringing her handkerchief,
crying "Think Left, gells! Think Left!"
-M