[Magdalen] as much as I dislike war ....

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:08:44 UTC 2019

This is the beginning of our elected officials thinking for the country
instead of themselves, their 'base' or their next election....

from  Washington Posts just now...
Senate backs Mitch McConnell's rebuke of Trump's military drawdown plans in
Syria, Afghanistan

The vast majority of Republican senators voted to support a measure
declaring that the Islamic State and al-Qaeda remain serious threats in
Syria and Afghanistan - directly contradicting the president's assessment
and his justification for seeking to withdraw U.S. troops from both
countries.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Trump supporter who seldom openly
crosses the president, drafted the amendment to a larger Middle East policy
bill.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

"Mercy and compassion are more than personal options. They are the antidotes
to that fear and hatred." Mark Singel