[Magdalen] Automobile Antiques.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jul 19 16:52:49 UTC 2019

I'm not much of a car person, but the appearance in a neighbor's drivewayof a 1938 Mercury brought back memories.  Two widows, about a blockeach from my family home in NW Wisconsin had what we thought of as"fancy" cars during WW-2, when, of course, there were no private carsmade.  Everything was for the war effort.
We therefore saw these late model sedans as classical luxury cars,which, in a way, they were.  When either of these cars, the 1938 Mercuryand the 1940 Oldsmobile 98 passed by, they turned heads.  The Mercury
was a four door deep blue color and the Oldsmobile was a bright maroon.four door sedan.
Both car brands are gone.
They were owned, respectively, by Mrs. Tony Pete, and Mrs Byron Selves,both in the upper crust socially in our small village.
I expect either of them would be pricey in this day and age.

David Strang.