[Magdalen] Where Were You?

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 15:42:28 UTC 2019

I was eight and remember having to take an early bath and getting into
pj's during landing preparation, then laying on the rug in the living
room, watching on an RCA black-and-white television whose home was a
chrome roll-around cart with black plastic wheels. Walter Cronkite
features prominently in my memory, too, Lynn.

It was not long before my dad proposed that we should get a color
television to follow these events, but mother held him off for another
couple of years, responding that the space broadcasts were always in
black-and-white, so what good was a color television? (They also had
rule between themselves that any such "luxury" item should be
accompanied by a tithe of its cost to the church, but he won out by, at
least, mid-1971.)

Peace,
Jo