[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 24 23:31:29 UTC 2019

On 24/07/2019 22:26, Raewynne Whiteley wrote:
> Popping my head up - I occasionally check in, but not super regularly.  I
> moved to England at the end of 2017, to begin as the Diocesan Discipleship
> and Vocations Missioner in the Diocese of Southwark.  I have loved it.
> Next week I begin a new position at the request of the Bishop as Deputy
> Director of discipleship and Lay Ministry, primarily working on strategic
> issues around lay ministry.

Delighted that Raewynne appears to be doing well this side of the pond.
On Sunday I had a word with the (lay) preacher after the Eucharist
drawing attention to the collect he had not referenced in his very good
sermon. This was "for all [God's} faithful people, that in their
vocation and ministry ..." As I observed to him there are no getouts
there - all have a part to play as he had said in his sermon.

Incidentally if anybody is thinking about a trip to England the Diocese
of Southwark is very accessible. It's cathedral is across the road from
London Bridge which is on the only trainline, certainly in the UK, I
know that serves two international airports - Luton and Gatwick - both
within an hour's direct train four times an hour during the day.

Roger