[Magdalen] Our Canadian General Synod

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 00:57:26 UTC 2019

Local Option rules.  It sort of did before, but it is now much more
robustly supported across the southern part of the country from coast to
coast where 90% of the Anglicans are.  It's important to note that 23 of 39
bishops voted Yes to Canon change,  just short of the 2/3 of the HoB
required, so great progress was in fact made. The Marriage Canon failure in
the House of Bishops (North vs. South and disproportionate representation
by suffragans based on distances, not people)) highlighted the need for
change in so many ways, not least the need for a Church to be founded on
Gospel principles, not "the inadequate structures of a bygone era that
allow the tail to wag the dog."

+Michael Curry  made a number of appearances, not just ceremonially at the
Installation Eucharist.  Wonderful fellow.  And your ECLA head is very
jolly.  So we are now all in full communion with all of us every which way.

We are So Sad to lose Fred Hiltz as our Primate!!  A saintly man who has
led with his heart.  +Linda will be OK, probably better away from the
parish level .  Certainly all the Rainbow Youth (I call them) Delegates who
were especially gutted by the vote, clustered around her and found comfort
and that is a good thing.

Marion, a pilgrim