[Magdalen] Our Canadian General Synod

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:44:43 UTC 2019

It used to be two weeks, which allowed for a leisurely pace and some free
time, but this has been tightened up.  We travelled to Vancover on
Wednesday morning July 10, and it kicked off in the afternoon with the
opening Eucharist a couple of blocks away at Christ Church Cathedral and a
full session in the evening.  We began each day at 8:30.  Lunch & dinner
were on site (fabulous food!!!).  Finished perhaps by 9, sometimes later.
Saturday saw the Primatial election and subsequent Eucharist at the
Cathedral where we also attended the closing Eucharist immediately before
the final banquet.  Travel on Wednesday, July 17 -- my ride left for the
airport at 6 a.m.  Gah!

I took an hour and a half out to meet with our Gail Edwards, mini-listmeet,
thinking I would be back at the end of an afternoon break.  No, other
things had been sqeezed in so that the break was just starting when I
returned.  It really was that intensive.

It was rich, but talk about total immersion!  Of course, not every time has
a Primatial election to fit in.

Marion, a pilgrim