[Magdalen] Spring comes to the Vineyard

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 20:37:09 UTC 2019

When I was little, Mom used to hand out blankets and drive us around the
seacoast area, windows rolled down, in the spring dark. Whenever she heard
peepers, she'd pull off the road and we'd sit under the spell, listening.
We did this every year.

And I still do. Have done this all my life.
Weird, I guess, but I just love to listen to them.
The gf says they sound just like jinglebells.

We plan to do our annual peeper run early this year.
But I've heard them as late as Mother's Day.
-M