[Magdalen] Update on my situation...

Sheila Ketler debbiedimond52 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 16:17:42 UTC 2019

I have not been seeing many posts from list sibs... I have not been posting
myself... In December I fainted twice in the grocery store went to
emergency - spent Christmas Eve in hospital. Low potassium low blood
pressure bladder infection. Thought we got that health with. First week
January I was not eating (I went 7 days no food only water and juice...)
In so much pain I could barely get off the couch. Finally phoned for an
ambulance back to the hospital I went. Spent all day finally hooked up to a
morphine drip... Surgeon called in after CAT scan he advised bowel
perforation and blockage... Emergency surgery - I now have the ostomy
issues... Finally able to get out for small periods of time husband helps
me I can't go out alone as of yet... but I can climb the stairs in the
house... I couldn't do that until a few weeks ago(they kept me for almost 3
weeks in hospital my white blood count was too wonky to allow me to leave
and I still had low blood pressure and low potassium.) It has been a total
experience. I was asked to organ sub but I had to turn it down I was not
well enough to actually do it... I was sick almost all the time and didn't
think it was anything serious!! Yeah right...
Surgeon will try to reverse what he just did but it will be another long
surgery with another major incision... He didn't do it laparoscopically so
I have a big scar... and I will have another if he can reconnect
everything...
Please remember me in your prayers - it has been a long haul trying to get
myself back to how I was berfore and I am still not there yet..

Blessings to all in this Lenten time

Sheila