[Magdalen] Nominees for Bishop of Vermont

Charles Wohlers chadwohl at satucket.com
Mon Mar 25 19:41:27 UTC 2019

Nominees for the next bishop of Vermont were announced yesterday. They
will succeed Tom Ely, who has been a great bishop and will be a tough
act to follow.

The nominees are all women and are:

The Rev. Dr. Shannon MacVean-Brown. Born in Detroit, has served various
positions at the Cathedral in Indianapolis.

The Rev. Dr. Hillary D. Raining. Currently rector of St. Christopher's,
Gladwynne, PA & president of the Standing Committee of the Dio. of PA.
Lived most of her life in Eastern Pennsylvania.

The Very Rev. Dr. Hilary B. Smith. Currently rector of Holy Comforter,
Richmond, VA. Lived a year or so in Vermont as a child, but grew up in
the Charlottesville area.

Any advice, etc. on these folks, either publicly of privately would be
appreciated. I don't vote (just count the votes), but my dear wife does.

Thanks in advance, and hold us in your prayers!

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT
chad at satucket.com