[Magdalen] Current Events.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu May 2 15:52:54 UTC 2019

I was with some friends touring the Loire Valley in France.  We had lunch at the littlecafe overlooking the great lawn and classical facade of Chambord.  The next tableseated a couple having an animated conversation which we finally had determinedmust be Swiss German.  I asked them in English what language they spoke.  Theiranswer:  "Icelandic.."

I guess, at least they were speaking a Germanic language (Old Norse)..

David Strang.