[Magdalen] Current Events.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:40:05 UTC 2019

At the Great Vigil of Easter in 1986 in Detroit Cathedral, it was quite the
display of accents between Bp. H. Coleman McGehee's Tidewater and Dean
Bertram Nelson Herlong's Florida-but-just-below-Georgia accent. I
distinctly recall the collect of the day, in which the Dean prayed that we
would "dah daily to see-in." He had a quite stately way of reading a text
and very deeply southern accent. At any rate, neither of them sounded like
Detroit! :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA