[Magdalen] Current Events.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri May 3 16:24:04 UTC 2019

My younger brother Paul (1942 - 1992) was really quite brilliant, but not enough
to stop the deadly duo of cigarettes and whiskey which ended his run at age50.  He was intensely competitive towards me, though this was totally un-reciprocated.  An example of this was his tendency to follow my academicschedule four years later, and his attempt to outdo me.  I completed thelanguage requirement for a BA at UW-Madison with a year of Spanishand with high school Latin and a major block of French at UW.  I won theUW prize as the best elementary Spanish student (prize:  Goya print).  Pauldid the same thing four years later.  His prize: 2 Goya prints.
I think Paul could have survived his addiction with daily aspirin and a statin,but that regimen was not well established in 1992.  I still mourn him.  Aclassmate of Paul's confided in me recently that he couldn't stand Paulas a roommate because he breezed through his medical school examswithout seeming to study at all.  Paul's early death was a real waste.

David Strang.

In a message dated 5/3/2019 11:59:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Which they don't because they  use the sibilant "s".