[Magdalen] Memorial Day Parade.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 27 14:30:38 UTC 2019

My little Memorial Day Parade memory:

My home town in NW Wisconsin USA has an annual little parade
consisting of uniformed members of the local American Legion andVFW marching along in what is usually a rather rag-tag manner.They are led by the local high school marching band.  I marchedand played my Sousaphone/tuba dutifully when I was in high school.
About Memorial Day 1952,  the marching veterans were "commanded'by the proprietor of the largest of the local general stores, HermanThoreson, who was quite impressed, obviously, with his position ascommander.
When we all reached the area in the civic cemetery where the programwas to occur, Thoreson barked out officiously, "Halt!".  His false teethflew out about ten feet and clattered on the pavement.

It was difficult to stifle the laughter, though we all tried our best.

David Strang.