[Magdalen] Eastern Invasion.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 29 13:19:15 UTC 2019

Last evening from about 5 PM through midnight, was
spent with one eye on the television weather programsand the usual television fare.  The region - Central
through Northeast Pennsylvania - was inundated withstorms containing hail, and tornado warnings.

We aren't used to this stuff here in the mountains.  Theusual heavy duty thunderstorms enter Pennsylvania
around Erie in the west, and then get broken up bythe mountains.  In any case keeping an eye out fortornadoes does not make for a pleasant evening.  Thereis the possibility of more of the same later today.
To catch a glimmer how unusual this tornado weather isfor the USA East Coast, there was even a tornado
spotted at high altitudes over Newark, NJ, which hasbecome a little Manhattan across the Hudson.  It's
hard to visualize  a storm spiraling through a jumbleof high rise skyscrapers.  It apparently does happen.I think downtown Fort Worth, TX was clobbered bysuch a storm some years ago.
When will this stuff end?

David Strang.