[Magdalen] Local Advent Calendar

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 15:29:25 UTC 2019

In the next neighborhood to our south is a "Jesus People" community. Many
of its members live in a building called Wilson Abbey, where they run a
coffee shop and some social services. They observe Advent by turning the
facade into a giant Advent calendar. I'm just fascinated at this observance
of Advent in a very public way at the right time (not starting the 12 days
of Christmas before Christmas, or some such nonsense). I'm not sure what
each of the calendar's windows represents, but it'll be interesting to find
out.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2019/11/29/uptowns-massive-advent-calendar-is-back-counting-down-to-christmas-with-elaborate-window-displays/

--
Scott R. Knitter