[Magdalen] birding for the homebound

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:38:32 UTC 2019

I thought of you, Judy, as I read about Chicago's great response in taking
care of the rare piping plovers on Montrose Beach this summer. They were
carefully monitored as they nurtured their eggs and chicks (those that
survived and hatched, anyway), and a big music festival slated for that
beach was actually canceled to help protect the birds. The parents and
surviving chicks have all flown south for the winter. A great story!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA