[Magdalen] Prayer Formation

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 10:53:35 UTC 2019

Which reminds me. A new family arrived at church with a silent newborn and
a very curious (and verbal) toddler. After about ten minutes the kid asked,
"Why are we still here?"
Mom hushed him by holding him close.
I imagined him asking "Why is he dressed like that?" next.
"Because the Church gave him superpowers."

I've been thinking alot about superpowers lately, ever since a friend baked
cookies for her surprised grandchildren (homemade cookies!). The kids were
new to the concept, although they'd seen it on television. She told them,
quietly and confidently, that baking was her superpower.

What if those things we call Spiritual Gifts were actually our superpowers?
-M