[Magdalen] 9/11

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 04:47:17 UTC 2019

Forgive me & correct me if I'm wrong about these observances throughout
the USA and thought they were basically for honoring the first responders and forthe cleanup crews that sacrificed so much that day in Lower Manhattan, as wellas the victims in the Twin Towers.

I see what seem like a conflation of observances for US Veterans.  Now,I am a veteran myself (Major in the US Army Medical Corps in the late1960's) and very proud of my service.  There are two holidays in the USAalready for honoring veterans.  They are Memorial Day in May to honorthe sacrifice of veterans who paid the highest price - their lives; and for therest of us who served honorably - Veterans' Day November 11.

I'm all for this honoring and for any other such activity to honor veterans, buton this 9/11 occasion I thought it was the responders, victims and cleanup crewswho went into that indescribable mess and are now dying in droves fromthe toxicity..
It is true that there were Military at the Pentagon in Washington.  We can't forgetthem!

David S.