[Magdalen] Phil Gandon

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 01:04:55 UTC 2019

I remember Phil, Bill and I had a great lunch with him and his wife when we were on our way to Stratford. What a wonderful gift, Ann.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2019, at 7:15 PM, Ann Markle <ann.markle at aya.yale.edu> wrote:

Does anyone here remember Phil? I was posting to a Facebook group about
some of my favorite and most-used ordination gifts, and of course mentioned
the gorgeous silver communion set that was made for Phil when he was a
young priest in England, and that he gave me for my diaconal ordination. I
treasure it, and always think of him when I use it. I thought I would try
to contact him now, 20 years later, to thank him for the gift I use at
every pastoral visit. I found his obituary from May of this year. I’m so
sorry that I didn’t reach out just a little sooner to this gentle soul. May
he rest in peace. If any of you have been thinking of reaching out to
someone, do it now.

--
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle