[Magdalen] News from The Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 12:10:43 UTC 2019

Of course.  No tickets, no great audience for the African primates.  Sadly,
some bishops still hold to the premise that progressive theology (Love God,
Love Neighbor, As Yourself) doesn't really mean every child of God.  Such
disagreement and drive to perfect the other will continue into perpetuity.
The need to point fingers at and correct the others is part of sinful
nature, IMO.  Besides study, worship, proclaiming, and repenting, our
baptismal covenant is about turning from that and turning toward respecting
the dignity of every human being, loving our neighbor as ourselves, seeking
and serving Christ in all persons, working for justice and peace on the
earth.  We fall short, but the theology of our baptismal covenant includes
everyone right where they are.  The Africans have a more legalistic
perspective on who is in God's family and who is not.

Oops.  Sorry for waxing theologically, but THIS is the foundational
division that brought about the schism in SC.
Ginga